Cheer Flag Football Basketball
The mission of the Clayton County Public Schools Elementary Athletics in partnership with the Georgia Sports Alliance is to offer opportunities for elementary youth to learn the fundamental skills of basketball and cheer within a competitive environment, while instilling life lessons and values such as character, collaboration, discipline, respect, and sportsmanship. This mission can only be accomplished through a shared effort from coaches, players, parents, and spectators. All involved should continually exhibit exemplary behavior and decorum, while demonstrating the expectations of superior sportsmanship. It should be noted that Clayton County Public Schools holds a zero-tolerance view for any actions that are detrimental to the positive and enjoyable experiences of our sports programs.
Player Code of Conduct and “Zero Tolerance Pledge”
As a participant in the Clayton County Public Schools/Ga Sports Alliance Elementary Athletics, a high level of sportsmanship and responsibility is expected from you.
• You are expected to treat your coaches, fellow teammates, officials, opposing team players and coaches with respect and dignity.
• You are expected to come to your practices and games on time ready to play and improve your individual skills and team play skills.
• Understand that unsportsmanlike conduct prior to, during, or immediately after athletic activities such as taunting, the use of foul and abusive language, fighting or flagrant unnecessary roughness (horseplay) is grounds for disciplinary action.
• You understand that the Clayton County Public Schools and GA Sports Alliance has a “Zero Tolerance” for any violation involving the above listed infractions and that disciplinary action could consist of ejection from a game and/or possible expulsion from the entire program.
Parent/Coach Code of Conduct
• I will provide positive support, care, and encouragement for my child participating in activities sponsored through a partnership with Clayton County Public Schools and GA Sports Alliance.
• I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials, at every game, practice or event. • I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will avoid “coaching” from the stands.
• I will treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
• I understand the following items/actions are not tolerated at Clayton County Public Schools and GA Sports Alliance sponsored activities:
o No Alcoholic products, Smoking, or Use of profanity.
o No unsportsmanlike comments towards Program Directors, coaches, officials, parents, and children.
o No yelling at, threatening, or physically attacking a league official, coach, parent or child. o No entering the field of play without permission of the head coach or league official(s).
o No mistreatment of property or facilities to include equipment, fields and buildings.
o No negative or derogatory cheering / yelling at anyone. o No yelling at the other teams’ players or coaches by parents or coaches.
• I understand that the game officials are here for the kids and the game. I will not question their calls or make unsportsmanlike comments towards the officials. I understand that the league provides guidelines for the head coach to address officials. I will not approach an official during or after a game to question their calls.
• I understand that if I fail to follow the items listed above that I could be ejected from the property in which the Clayton County Public Schools and GA Sports Alliance is utilizing for their event(s) and possibly suspended from additional events.
• I understand that my child’s suspension or expulsion will result in registration fees being forfeited.